Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mural Gifts - Elder Care Facilities

Announcing a special Gift for Elder Care Facilities.

“The residents absolutely love the mural, but they loved watching the process and Scott’s interaction with them even more.” – Joff Stride, Executive Director, Chambrel at Island Lake.
I love working with the elderly.  I have had the opportunity to experience some great care being offered to loved ones and friends as they age.  People make the difference in each facility, and sometimes just a little time with the residents can make their day a little brighter.  I recently completed a mural for Chambrel at Island Lake, an Independent Living facility in Longwood, Florida.  I enjoyed the day of painting and interacting with the residents and hope that I was able to, in my small way, share something of lasting beauty.

The Announcement:
I want to continue to repeat that experience, so I am offering a FREE mural project each month to an Elder Care Facility (This can be a pretty broad term and can include Independent Living, Assisted Living, Long Term Care Facilities, Senior Centers, Hospice Care etc.)  I am hoping to find places where a mural can brighten up an inside area or add beauty to on outside area where residents come together.  The subject matter can be anything that works for the facility though I find nature (landscapes with flowers, water, etc.) and murals that feel like you can walk right into them offer a peaceful view for the elderly.  Click here to view the mural tab on this site to see a small sample of the mural projects I have worked on over the last decade.
  
It really is a Gift!  Yes, there are no strings attached.  If the project involves an over night stay due to traveling, I do ask for a hotel for a night.  Most murals can be completed in one day (though I do take as much time as each resident wants to talk about the painting as it progresses).

How do I submit a Facility?  Management of the Facility can contact me by email or by calling 888-333-8787.  If you are a resident or know a place that could use a mural please share this blog post with them so they can call or email me.  This is a first come first serve proposition and I will do everything I can to work with each facility on a schedule that works with their calendar and my calendar of upcoming projects.

So, Spread The Word...

3 comments:

Karen said...

I think this is a great idea! I am doing volunteer work for Hospice House here in Florence and it is a wonderful facility! Maybe you could come here and do a mural!

Karen Romanyzyn

Scott Stafstrom said...

I have had some personal experience with Hospice care and know the important work that they do. I would be glad to work with them. That is great that you are volunteering there. Send them the link Karen, I would be happy to talk with them. Take care!

send gift Philippines said...

I agree to the commenter I think this is absolutely a brilliant idea. Anyway,will certainly visit your site more often now.

vitton